Endovascular / Vascular
Endovascular Neurosurgery is one in which neurosurgical procedures are performed within blood vessels. This specialty requires only a needle-stick to access the artery, which can allow for faster recovery and lower morbidity when compared to some open cranial surgeries.
Dr. Adib Abla is the only academic vascular-endovascular neurosurgeon in Arkansas. His specialty training in both cerebrovascular and endovascular neurosurgery allows him to offer patients at the University of Arkansas the latest in neurovascular treatments without bias.
Dr. Abla regularly performs both surgical clipping and endovascular stent-coiling of basilar tip aneurysms.
Some of the diseases and conditions our Vascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery Program is able to treat include:
– Cerebral Aneurysms (ruptured and non-ruptured) – coiling, clipping, and Pipeline
– Arteriovenous Malformations (brain and spine)
– Cavernous Malformations (brainstem, brain, spinal cord)
– Carotid Stenosis – endarterectomy and stenting
– Ischemic Diseases including Moyamoya and Acute Stroke.
– Intracranial bypass is performed for both ischemic and aneurysmal disease, with low flow, high flow, extracranial – intracranial (EC – IC), and intracranial – intracranial (IC – IC) bypass.
2014 We AR Video of Vascular Neurosurgery Operation High Risk Pregnancy:
2014 KATV Video of Vascular Neurosurgery Operation with Cardiac Asystole: